CONTRACT: Temporary / Part-Time
Title: Sales Associate
Hours: 20hr contracts
To Apply: Drop a CV into store
Closing Date: 27th November
Description of the role
Reports to: Store Manager
The main objective of this role is to support store management team in achieving a store environment that fosters creativity, employee development and the VIBE philosophy. To uphold the Urban Outfitters “Peers Training Peers” philosophy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver a positive, friendly experience by engaging the customer through conversation and service
- Enhance the VIBE by focusing on customers and not on projects during prime time selling hours
- Provide a store experience that reflects the Company’s mystery shop standards
- Contribute to the overall VIBE in the store by being positive, respectful and helpful to others
- Uphold Company standards and act as a positive role model to peers
Teamwork & Communication:
- Work productively within the team and take initiative to work with others toward a common, collaborative goal
- Assist in the training and development of peers
- Communicate positively and effectively with peers
- Actively participate in daily and department meetings
- Demonstrate proficiency in job knowledge (i.e. tills, shipment tasks, and fitting room guidelines)
- Participate in the processing of new shipment and help the team to keep receiving and back stock areas clean and organised
- Assist in the timely and accurate completion of weekly tasks (i.e. markdowns, re-tickets, transfers and RTVs)
- Exhibit awareness of loss prevention guidelines and comply with all inventory control measures
- Always adhere to company health & safety regulations
Merchandising & Display:
- Uphold store merchandising and cleanliness standards
- Ensure that merchandise is ticketed and the sales floor is well stocked
- Support sales by assisting in merchandising and display projects
- Exhibit a familiarity with current product and trend awareness
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a retail environment – not a must.
- An awareness of the Urban Outfitters brand and its appeal to the local market.
- Strong communication skills.
We receive such a high volume of applications, unfortunately we can’t reply to everybody. If you haven’t heard back from us after 2 weeks, you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, don’t let this put you off applying in future, please keep an eye on our career pages.